Bespoke TEFL program for aspiring teachers
Bespoke TEFL program for aspiring teachers (Intensive Individual Course) in Florence, Italy
If you aspire to becoming a qualified and fully certificated teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) but need a more personalized experience and wish to work individually with the trainer, then the Via Lingua Group is able to create a bespoke course just for you!
ALL-INCLUSIVE INDIVIDUAL COURSE TEFL TUITION PACKAGE
- Welcome breakfast
- City tour and orientation
- Course fee (tuition, all course materials, unlimited use of all training center facilities including course moderation fee, certification)
- Graduation ceremony & typical Tuscan lunch
- Lifetime job guidance
- Italian language and culture lessons included!
When you choose Via Lingua Bespoke TEFL YOU CHOOSE:
- A globally recognized TEFL qualification, with opportunities for Masters' level coursework..
- An accredited Certificate in TEFL.
- To study in a dynamic, professional language school.
- 100% individual attention.
- An experienced team of TEFL staff and trainers that will support you throughout your stay.
- A dedicated course coordinator who will assist you with everything you need to know about Florence.
- Assistance to secure a reputable teaching job in Italy, or the location of your choice.
- Graduate credits towards a Master's in TESOL at many universities.
You are looking for:
- A high quality and accredited CTEFL program.
- A bespoke TEFL / TESL program, created exclusively for you.
- One-to-one tuition.
- Flexibility (content, delivery mode, time frame).
Via Lingua offers:
- A highly regarded on-line CTEFL program (fully accredited and having articulation agreements with a growing number of US universities).
- One to one tuition, provided by an experienced and highly qualified TEFL professional, with additional support from our team of specialists.
- On-going and on-demand communication with your tutor via email.
- A total of 120 hours face-to-face tutorials with your tutor.
- The opportunity to shape the course content and delivery mode to meet your individual needs, interests and circumstances.
- The opportunity to complete the course within a negotiable time frame (usually one month)
- The opportunity to complete a teaching practicum at the Florence VL international site.
- A complete set of training and reference materials.
- Assessment and mentoring via the submission of six guided assignments.
- Expert advice and support regarding your first teaching post.
The Via Lingua Florence Bespoke TEFL Certificate Course
The course is essentially practical in nature, with just enough theory to provide sound principles on which to base your practice. In the morning, there are input sessions on the skills and methods of teaching and on language awareness. The afternoon consists of guided lesson preparation and in the morning you will complete teaching practice observed by a trainer and feedback on your teaching. Our trainees often comment "I know you said it was intensive, but I didn't realize it was that intensive".
The Via Lingua Bespoke Teacher Training Program is an intensive four-week 130-hour TEFL certification.
- Courses use a hands-on approach giving trainees the chance to try out new methods and techniques in a supportive learning atmosphere.
- Personalized learning syllabus with individualized instruction.
- Trainees have professional and experienced instructors, with access to many other practicing teachers at the Via Lingua Language Center
- Via Lingua graduates have found jobs teaching English in over 45 countries.
Via Lingua Florence located in the historic center of Florence.. The view from the terrace is of the world-famous Duomo and Piazza della Repubblica.
Comfortable classrooms, a computer lab, and a teaching resource room encourage active learning. The student terrace is a good place to relax and meet international students studying English at the center. You will be immersed in an international cultural experience, with a friendly and supportive, yet professional, atmosphere.
The course consists of two main components:
Three hours of input sessions each day covering:
- a. Teaching Skills & Classroom Management
This element of the course develops your skills in areas such as teaching grammar and vocabulary, creating your own materials and correcting students’ errors. Classroom Management also includes classroom arrangement, managing resource materials, maintaining discipline, giving instructions, the role of student and teacher.
- b. Language Awareness
This section of the course aims to consolidate your knowledge of grammar and phonology, and provide practical ideas as to how these can be taught.
- a. 1.5 hours of guided lesson planning each day. Working with the guidance of the trainers, you prepare for the lessons that you will be teaching the next day.
- b. Teaching Practice: the most practical and important element of the course. You teach Italian students of English, and put into practice the skills learnt on the course. Each lesson is observed by one of the trainers, who gives you detailed written and oral feedback.
- c. After each lesson, you have a discussion with the trainer, developing the feedback and suggesting areas for attention. On the days when you are not teaching, you will observe your peers teaching.
Additional components include:
- Observation of experienced teachers:
for the first two mornings of the course, you will observe the trainers teaching classes of Italian students. From the third morning, you will be teaching the students yourself.
- Unknown Language:
you are taught an unknown foreign language, generaly Italian. This is designed to give you the experience of learning a totally foreign language entirely through the medium of that language.
- Individual sessions each week where you discuss your progress with the course director.
- Job Guidance just for you.