A TEFL program of the highest international academic and industry standards
The Via Lingua Group is fully committed to ensuring that both the content and delivery of its CTEFL program meet the highest possible international academic and industry standards. It is important for us to be able to demonstrate the quality of the Via Lingua program to the end-users of our CTEFL qualification - trainee teachers, future employers, colleges and universities. We seek to do this through reference to internationally accepted standards so that our stakeholders can be confident in the final certificate and what it represents. Our accreditation process includes both internal and external verification, standardization and validation elements.
The Via Lingua Group is proud to have articulation agreements with graduate-level programs at several universities; our commitment to Via Lingua CTEFL candidates is that their final certificate will not only recognize their development and achievement as language teachers, matched against standardized statements of attainment, but will also be recognized as a high level graduate qualification by tertiary education institutes and employers.
The Via Lingua International network of centers is accredited and certified by local, national and global organizations and government agencies.
The Via Lingua CTEFL Course is officially endorsed as a Level 5 certificate by Learning Resource Network (LRN).
The Via Lingua Group is proud to announce that its CTEFL program is officially endorsed as a Level 5 certificate by Learning Resource Network (LRN). Having thoroughly audited our program, LRN confirms that the Via Lingua CTEFL course fully meets their stringent requirements. In accordance with LRN’s specifications, the Via Lingua CTEFL course:
- Provides candidates with the awareness, knowledge and skills required by teachers / trainers who wish to progress their career in English Language Teaching;
- Leads to an approved teaching qualification that allows graduates to teach English as a foreign or second language in a range of educational contexts;
- Is delivered in centers that have appropriate resources, facilities, capacity and capability (including suitably qualified training staff);
- Prepares its graduates for future career and study options (including access to diploma and MATESOL programs);
- Conforms to international standards by providing:
- a minimum of 120 hours on-site tuition with highly qualified and experienced trainers;
- an observed and assessed teaching practicum program, involving the teaching of authentic students at a variety of competence levels;
- a theoretical and practical grounding in the following areas of study: second language acquisition; teaching, learning and assessment strategies; classroom organization and management; language awareness; the selection, analysis and development of teaching resources; cultural awareness.
LRN (www.lrnglobal.org) is an awarding body creating qualifications for educational institutions, independent learning providers and employers. These qualifications are internationally recognized as providing proof of the skills and abilities required by educational institutes, professional bodies and governments. The British Assessment Bureau (BAB) has awarded LRN the international ISO 27001: 2013 certificate for the provision and online verification of certificates and awards.
LRN Status and Background:
- LRN was founded by a group of educators and business people and specialises in TEFL/ ESL/ESOL, Education training and management qualifications.
- LRN is recognised as an awarding organisation by Ofqual. Ofqual regulate qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
- LRN is recognised for its high-quality qualifications that enable candidates to progress to other areas of study and employment in their designated fields.
- In producing its qualifications, LRN uses the experience and expertise of academics, professionals working in the pertinent industries and assessment practitioners with a wealth of best practice and knowledge of validation, verification, delivery and assessment.
- Learning Resource Network (LRN) is a recognised Awarding Organisation that offers a range of qualifications to candidates, educational institutes, training providers, schools and employers.
- LRN is recognised for its portfolio of international English qualifications for those who want to provide evidence of their English Language skills for their professional or personal development. These qualifications are internationally recognised as providing proof of the skills and abilities required by educational institutes, professional bodies and governments.
- LRN also creates qualification in business, enterprise, management, community awards, Islamic banking as well as qualifications in education and training. LRN offers its customers qualifications that are easy to deliver, cost-effective and user-friendly.
International professional memberships:
LRN is a member of leading international testing associations, including:
- Associate member of the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE)
- Institutional member of the European Association for Language Testing and Assessment (EALTA)
- Institutional member of the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL)
- Associate member of the BALEAP
- Corporate member of English UK
- The British Assessment Bureau (BAB) has awarded LRN the international ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 certifications for provision and online verification of certificates and awards.
- LRN has achieved the prestigious award of Customer Service Excellence. This is in recognition of its customer service practices, approach to managing and dealing with UK and Overseas customer needs, including the diverse needs of its centres. LRN was the first UK Awarding Organisation to achieve Customer Service Excellence.
- In April 2020, LRN received the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade. LRN is one of 220 organisations in the UK to be recognised with this prestigious accolade. This was in recognition of the expansion LRN brought to the overseas qualification market.
- LRN has been awarded international accreditation as part of its quality controls, policies, systems and overall approach to its management systems. These awards are externally validated by the British Assessment Bureau. LRN has achieved accreditation in the form of ISO 9001: Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001: Environment Management Systems and ISO 27001: Information Security Management Systems.
- LRN has won the prestigious Education and Training Award for the Best International English Qualifications Portfolio 2020. LRN's CEO Muhammad Tariq said “We’re delighted to be recognised for the Best International English Qualifications Portfolio 2020. This will provide our clients and other stakeholders with further assurances as to the quality and range of provision; this will also add greater credibility to LRN's qualifications''.