Learning Resource Center
The Via Lingua Group is proud to announce that its CTEFL program is officially endorsed as a Level 5 certificate by Learning Resource Network (LRN). Having thoroughly audited our program, LRN confirms that the Via Lingua CTEFL course fully meets their stringent requirements. In accordance with LRN’s specifications, the Via Lingua CTEFL course:
- Provides candidates with the awareness, knowledge and skills required by teachers / trainers who wish to progress their career in English Language Teaching;
- Leads to an approved teaching qualification that allows graduates to teach English as a foreign or second language in a range of educational contexts;
- Is delivered in centers that have appropriate resources, facilities, capacity and capability (including suitably qualified training staff);
- Prepares its graduates for future career and study options (including access to diploma and MATESOL programs);
- Conforms to international standards by providing:
Ø a minimum of 120 hours on-site tuition with highly qualified and experienced trainers;
Ø an observed and assessed teaching practicum program, involving the teaching of authentic students of English as a Foreign / Second language at a variety of competence levels;
Ø a theoretical and practical grounding in the following areas of study: second language acquisition; teaching, learning and assessment strategies; classroom organization and management; language awareness; the selection, analysis and development of teaching resources; cultural awareness.
LRN (www.lrnglobal.org) is an awarding body creating qualifications for educational institutions, independent learning providers and employers. These qualifications are internationally recognized as providing proof of the skills and abilities required by educational institutes, professional bodies and governments. The British Assessment Bureau (BAB) has awarded LRN the international ISO 27001: 2013 certificate for the provision and online verification of certificates and awards.